Sheet Metal Helper
- - Helpers
- Madison and Morgan County, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Complete assigned work, select proper tools, and follow safe work practices.
- Load, transport, unload and furnish others with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Follow specific instructions.
- Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Assist others SM Workers in performing their assigned duties.
- Clean work area.
- Set up equipment and machines. (Field work only.)
- Assemble parts.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Perform minor maintenance/cleaning of tools and equipment.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and fractions.
- Read and write.
- Work within precise standards of accuracy.
- Climb up or down ladders, steps, stairs, and scaffolds.
- Maintain balance on scaffolding and platforms.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Work in pits, ditches, and elevated areas up to 100' or more.
- Reach for, handle and manipulate objects and material.
- Lift and carry objects up to 60 pounds.
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- See and hear (either naturally or with correction).
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
M&D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. https://mdmechanical.hirecentric.com