- - Pipe Fitter
- Morgan, Madison and surrounding counties, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Lay out, fabricate, assemble, install piping and piping systems.
- Select type of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Plans sequence of installation and activities of apprentices, helpers, and laborers.
- Cuts and threads pipe.
- Joins piping.
- Secures pipe to structures.
- Tests pipe and piping systems for leaks.
- Follows safe work practices.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Four (4) years job experience or completion of apprenticeship program or other industry recognized experience.
- Operate cutting/bending/threading machines.
- Braze and weld. (Applicable to specific job.)
- Read blueprints, drawings, and job specifications.
- Climb up or down ladders, steps, stairs, and scaffolds.
- Maintain balance on scaffolding and platforms.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Work in pits, ditches, and elevated areas up to 100' or more.
- Reach for, handle and manipulate objects and material.
- Lift and carry objects up to 60 pounds.
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- See and hear (either naturally or with correction).
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
M&D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. https://mdmechanical.hirecentric.com