Plumber (Commerical / Industrial)
- - General
- Madison, Morgan, Lawrence County, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Lay out, fabricate, assemble, install piping and piping systems, and fixtures.
- Select type of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Plans sequence of installation and activities of apprentices, helpers, and laborers.
- Cuts and threads pipe.
- Cuts openings in walls, floors, and ceilings to install pipe, pipe fittings, and fixtures.
- Secures pipe to structures.
- Working knowledge of no hub cast iron, PVC underground and above grade piping systems.
- Working knowledge of isometric or shop drawings. (some assistance will be provided)
- Follows safe work rules.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Works within precise standards of accuracy.
- Two (2) years job experience, completion of apprenticeship program or other industry-recognized experience.
- Journeyman Plumber; or plans to take the Alabama
- Braze and weld. (Applicable to specific job.)
- Read blueprints, drawings, and job specifications is perferred.
- Climb up or down ladders, steps, stairs, and scaffolds
- Maintain balance on scaffolding and platforms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Work in pits, ditches, and elevated areas up to 100' or more
- Reach for, handle and manipulate objects and material.
- Lift and carry objects up to 60 pounds
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck)
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- See and hear (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more)
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others
M&D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. https://mdmechanical.hirecentric.com