Sheet Metal Worker Field
- - Sheet Metal
- Madison, Morgan, Limestone, Lauderdale, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K
- Measure, assemble, and install sheet metal according to job specifications.
- Plans sequence of installation and activities of apprentices, helpers, and laborers.
- Sets up and operates welding equipment. (Not for all jobs.)
- Inspects assemblies according to job specifications.
- Insulate work as necessary.
- Follows safe work practices.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Four (4) years job experience, completion of apprenticeship program or other industry-recognized experience.
- Operate lifting equipment, punch and drill presses, welding equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and job specifications.
- Stick, Mig, and Tig weld per job requirements.
- Climb up or down ladders, steps, stairs, and scaffolds
- Maintain balance on scaffolding and platforms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Work in pits, ditches, and elevated areas up to 100' or more
- Reach for, handle and manipulate objects and material.
- Lift and carry objects up to 60 pounds
- Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck)
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- See and hear (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning
- Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces
- Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots
- Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more)
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others
M&D Mechanical Contractors, Inc. https://mdmechanical.hirecentric.com